Friday 31 October 2014

#makemeadesigner Art Competition with Direct Blinds



I was recently contacted about a fantastic competition Direct Blinds are currently running to find a new up-and-coming designer. The prize is amazing because you can win the chance to design your own product range with the brand - how cool is that! I think this would be a particularly brilliant opportunity for students/peeps who have just graduated. The brief is very open, you can create any type of artwork you'd like (although remember, it has to work on blinds!). I came up with a theme based around 'Winter Birds' and decided to make one of my images into a repeating pattern. I'd love to know what you think! I was thinking they could work well in a kitchen or conservatory (or orangery as my mum would say). 

There are a couple of ways to enter; you can check out the Direct Blinds competition page here, or you can enter via Twitter, Instagram and Facebook using the hashtag #makemeadesigner - remember to tweet to @DirectBlinds! 

I know quite a few of my followers are arty/creative types so please do let me know if you decide to enter. 

C xxx

* I was invited to take part in this competition and received a box of art goodies to help me create my entry! 

5 comments:

  1. Eeeeep, the thought of you designing blinds excites me! I just love your entry.

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh what an exciting opportunity - LOVE your design! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could enter but I can't do illustrator lol Anyway, this is such a lovely colour ^^ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete